Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh how she has fallen silent

I miss her voice whispering in my ear.

Her soft chuckle. Her comforting voice.

Look here she says and gestures in directions tangent to my view.

“Turn quickly it’s coming.” She would say before the punchline.

We used to talk a lot.

Things got comfortable. She would wake me some days and talk to me all through breakfast, back when I thought malaysian mornings we’re cold. I would just mumble and grumble through the whole conversation.

Then when I got to college she used to whisper things only occasionally. Or on those long drives home we would just chat about idle things. The traffic. The weather you know that kinda stuff.

Then uni came and I had to wave goodbye to her. A huge chunk of me.

First year we talked rarely mostly when I was calm enough to listen.

Second year…She talked to me sometimes when I was drunk off my face.

Third year and I realise how much I miss her.

I need to go to the quiet places.

To hear her again.

With my glass and metal strapped firmly to my hand we’ll dance and hopefully we’ll understand each other again.

1 comment: