Monday, February 9, 2009

The stupid stupid coke experiment





Hypothesis: If I can lower my coke into the snow outside my house It'll be nice and well chilled by the time I fish I go down to stick all my clothes in the dryer.

Method: Tie Strings around various parts of bottle and lower it onto snow. Right outside window.
Background: Student fridges are notorious for losing stuff like milk, marmalade, oil, eggs and in this cake my precious coke....I'm taking no chances. And when I stuck the beer in the snow the other day it came out all nice and chilly =D

Experimental errors: The heat coming off from vaughan house causes a 1m clearance of ground next to the house to have NO SNOW. My coke sat in the dirt for the next hour. Cotton string can't really support the weight of the coke properly as suddenly jerking motion could snap the thread. Took about 5 mins to lower coke. Hands suffering from serious chills and friction burns from thread running through it a bit too quickly and sticking them graspers out the window into -4. Had no real proper way to pull up coke again. Left that out of original calculations. Had to use a piece of coke packaging to roll thread back up.
Summary: Although there was no snow. Coke was well cold. Although it did need a wash as it was dirty.
Ahhh refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment