Saturday, February 14, 2009

Timebomb

Life it's like a time bomb. Always waiting to go off.

Bleh. That is a scary thought.

I don't need the doorknob to get into the toilet. Just the elbow will do. Best to look sleepy as well my muse whispers into my ear and I smirk while I take a piss.

I'm staring at an old fashioned glass with what looks like black amber in it an ice cube that's become a little smaller shifts to the top.

I zip up and slouch out the door. The motion detector says goodbye to me.

I flick my mouse with my thumb and slump into my chair.

An orange window application appears at the bottom. Probably just Mr. Sea Eagle wanting another round of dota.

He can wait for a bit.

Got off the bus at 11 behind 3 housemates and Kathryn invited me into her room just to lounge around for a bit.

They've ordered a pizza and they were waiting for it to come. Robyn had trouble breathing while on the Otley run anyway.

Hands folded across my stomach I listen to them talk about their boyfriends, ex's and girlfriends. And the gossip of whats about to happen next in Robyn's life really. Before long it's already Valentine's day and we wish each other a good one.

I'm lost as to who is who so all I do is rub my chin with a deeply pensive look on my face to deflect. When asked if I'm bored I just cheekily remark.

I'm just learning girls. Learning.

They go on talking for awhile and then Kathryn looks at me.

What about you? Whats happening in the life of King? Any girlfriends?

I give it a little stir and take a drink. It's a black russian. Truthfully I know next to nothing about cocktails. But I'm liking this one.

The lady on stage has stopped singing and she's taking a sip of her water, preparing for her next song.

My dad stirs his G&T.

I briefly read the fire warning on the back of my door. It's always been there and it's just something I read to just let go of things for a sec.

I tell them.

The story of, The People's Frustration.

What my friend's have been grumbling about for awhile.


The fact and problem of why I'm still single.

They're quiet and blown away. And they go,

Really???

My dad says "Let's go. We've got a long day ahead tomorrow."

And I don't doubt that. Things never were quick and easy in this job anyway.

I finish my drink. And take in an ice cube and we get up to go. The lady is singing a fast song. One of those I used to hear off the radio when I was still young.

I'm not that young anymore. My younger days are getting behind me heh. I'm gonna be 20 soon, heck I'm more or less there. Next year I'll be travelling alone across foreign land too.

And when all that is done. It's time for me to enter the working world. To bear my responsibilities. And all these little bits of life will just fade away into the background as I do what I'm meant to do.

I would say my time bomb goes off then.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this makes it look like being single is a crime :(

    ReplyDelete