Saturday, January 1, 2011

Disappointment

Is it in you?

Or in me?

I guess in both of us. I thought you’d cross the line that would divide you from the rest.

I actually thought you did. But then again you didn’t have the will to stay.

What made me think to consider this? Probably desperation, maybe loneliness some might say.

Nothing has changed nonetheless. I need to stay off my throne for awhile just to get used to things.

It’s a tired game.

I’m tired of it.

But yet I can’t quit it yet. Addictive game that I’m not quite bored of yet.

I find the clarity in the calm of your inaction.

I find the disappointment in my misjudgement.

Why did I try to settle for less? Or why did I see you for more?

I’m not at a time and place where I need a partner yet anyway.

So I’ll hang in there and just relax.

Cause when it’s time to hire.

I know someone will be there with all the little itty bitty powers to spar with me one on one evenly.

But for now…I’m going to put on the shroud and move away for awhile.

I’m off to Tarbean.

No comments:

Post a Comment