Monday, September 13, 2010

He Translates I Listen

She twirls her fingers over the sticks laid out on the table. Gesturing that she wants to settle her bill.

I look at her and ask her,

“Are you guys leaving?”

“daosidhaosida”

Internally I shout to him.

“WOI WHAT SHE SAYING??”

“Ah oh oh take a seat first.”

So I sit down.

Her sticks are arranged for the man to come and take count. And then she says to me.

“sodiahaisdhaodiashdoaidhaoisdhasdiahsdoiashdoaidhaoshd”

Back to the tag team.

“what did she say?”

“haven’t a freaking clue man. Not a clue at all!”

Out loud.

“Uhh I’m not from around here. And I can’t speak mandarin.”

“Oh. I was saying we’re in a rush and it would be great if you could pay for us first.” She laughs at saying it.

And from the inside he shouts. “Bite her head off boy!”

Smiling I say, “only if I get to have your number.” And I raise an eyebrow cockily.

“Nah you wouldn’t want it.”

“hahahah where can lidat??”

No number. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment