Monday, September 13, 2010

Truth Theory

I had to give her some truth.

But I had none in hand.

 

I probably had about 1 minute before my response would be considered slow.

 

Things we’re running hot.

 

So I turned to the Unraveller’s Head.

 

Tell her his story it said.

 

So I weave a tale. Grounded in assumptions of hardship to give perceptions of difficulty.

Very much the opposite of crafting a fairytale. But same in it’s methods.

For without truth or an assumption of truth. The beliefs and the happiness based off them will crumble.

Her bastions would fall and her cause will crumble. “Not yet” the Head says again with a quiet chuckle. “we still need her in such places connected to such people” I nod understandingly. “when the time is right we temper but for now we quench.”

Weaving the truth with a lie. The probabilities with the possibilities. Feeding her an assumption. To form a perception.

The very basis of this tech.

Lies in both the lay up and the finish.

And I settle it.

So it’s kinda embarrassing that the Head on her end realises the next day and says.

“He lied.”

But she doesn’t mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment