Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fish Games

Awrighty then. Dead fish plays her games.

C’mon can’t spend the whole night figuring this out.

Let it out.

From the dark depths of the shelves the aide retrieves an Unraveller’s Head. Nodding he leaves us to it.

Surely this is overkill just for the games of 1 girl?

Well it’s Dead Fish’s game?

How are you Paul?

The head just blinks and deathstares.

I know what you wanna ask me. It’s boring jeeeeeezzzzzz all the information in the world, the power of a supercomputer, the understanding of sages, visions of the future all of it compiled in a format you can just ask and hear and you wanna know just that?

Welllllll it’s handy.

Genuinely I don’t think so.

I agree and I think the rest of us craftsman who can appreciate Paul for what he really is would agree that asking Paul this question wouldn’t be a waste of resources per se it is after all better than having Paul idling on a dusty shelf. But I would definitely say it’s a completely pointless question.

Thanks Emeveril.

Well I think there’s a point to this situation. Surely we wouldn’t be here if it was so straightforward honestly.

Take a drink and think about it.

2 layers up I go to fill my flagon and take another drink of chilly water.

2 layers back down.

I think we should ask Paul.

Honestly I don’t mind if you ask me. It’s a pretty lame question if you ask me. Get it?

Yea yea you tell the best jokes Paul. Well it’s cheating really. You shouldn’t ask Paul these questions.

I agree asking Paul is merely the easy way out you really should be up there digging up the answers with your other skills really.

Right ok. Sigh. But I have work to do.

Fine fine. This banter is time wasting as it is anyway. Alright Paul give him a hint at least.

Use facebook.

…….

Seriously Paul?

I was sleeping till you woke me up.

Urgh. Thanks anyway.

The head laughs. I never really understood how just a head can laugh or even speak without a pair of lungs.

…………….

I don’t know. I can’t find anything.

Hmmm……Ok ok. What’s in the pictures?

Other women.

…………Use the Array please.

Ok ok. Uhhhh….Ahhhhh….uhmmm…

Seriously why are you in charge really? Sigh.

And then Paul whispers things. The deep understandings.

That was cheating!

Well it sure was but heck I just wanna go back to my shelf and catch some shut eye. You politicians can bicker about it when I’m back at rest.

We’re tacticians to you my good man.

I was a man now I’m just a head. So go suck on a weed and die.

He clucks his tongue and an aide comes by.

Are you done sir? With Paul that is.

Yes they are, well they should be. I think they’ve run out of pointless questions to ask me today.

The rest of us just nod and dismiss the aide.

See ya Paul. was nice talking to you for sure.

HA!? call me when you do have a problem.

And the aide carries him off.

Well that was cheating.

Who cares it’s settled. Now get back to work seriously.

And I answer the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment