Friday, October 15, 2010

Pop Smoke

Like a magician.

Hur alright alright. The road there’s a little tight sigh gonna probably have a massive jam on the way. Best to get there before 1 as well. Haven’t had much to eat besides a biscuit or so today. Dang.

Ok ok I should be taking her to lunch optimistically. So I can get my stomach sorted then.

Don’t be too sure.

Huh? ok…Let’s see how it goes anyway I’ve got enough energy tanked in for awhile anyway.

Slippers, shorts and a shirt. Surely this is called well dressed haha. Well better than how it used to be.

Ha…The guard wants to see some ID. Ok ok noted. Gotta park the car first.

Pop smoke boy.

smile+easy walk+stiffen the shoulders+confidence+1 subtle reality manipulation. Right cheers thank you very much my good sir I’ll just be seeing her thank you thank you alright let me go now.

She’s not at her desk. Probably grinding some souls right now probably. Let’s hop up a level I think she’s up there. Shroud on.

Aha there she is……Ok pop smoke again.

--------------------------

2 layers in.

She asks what I’ve done my life these past 2 years. Or so.

And she’s shocked. I didn’t do what anyone expected really I guess. She’s disappointed I’m still single.

She asks if what happened after I left. I tell her the stories of my travels and follies without travel.

I tell her of my death and rebirth.

I tell her of her voice in my head forever marking how my life happens.

I tell her of her advice whispering in my mind reminding how to be.

I tell her of her motivation and belief in me keeping me going.

And she chooses to be humble. Yet again I am amazed by her.

She recalls she needs to have lunch so I walk with her to the toilet. There isn’t much time anyway.

Turns out she brought a pack lunch. Crap. I might be screwed.

She expresses her disbelief at how I’m still single yet again. So I tell her what I’ve made myself and the road I’ve chosen to tread. And she tells me,

“You’re running out of time.”

I shrug and tell her something. And the orb on her end tells her I lied and there’s something in my murk.

She presses hard again. Sheesh was it always this hard to fight her?

I tell her about what I am now.

Yet another press. She calls the lie again.

I tell her about what I am to be.

She keeps the press but delivers the force with a gentle hand.

I tell her the part I have to play and the mask they demand I wear, the shackles they bind me with and the oaths of servitude etched on my flesh.

And she pauses enough just to consider what I’ve said. And she just says to go and get myself sorted and stop being stingy and hiding what I’ve got from the world.

I tell her about my part time teaching. She laughs and asks what I teach. I mutter stuff and she knows what part of her teaching I do now.

And then we get to the meat. She asks what do I see in my future. I tell her the probability factors. She says not enough. Ever demanding as usual the Madam. I tell her what I saw. Not enough. I tell her what I believe is yet to come postulated by my Unraveller’s Head confirmed by feverish dreams corroborating with the other predictive abilities, what has passed with backdated analysis of events along with where I used my hand and finally the present the detailed pick apart of the mess that is now and the choices and the impetus in motion of the present.

She ruminates on these things and she says,

“You’ve changed.”

We talk for a bit more digging deeper and she says,

“You didn’t change but I never knew you had this inside of you.”

Her shock and surprise is something I didn’t expect really. She taught me a big chunk of my skills so you can see why I expected her to know the scope and depth of my skills.

But I’m surprised her. Guess I got something unusual then.

Oh time is up.

I tell her I will be seeing her soon. And she says no.

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Indeed it does.

She goes off back to her table.

Ah……a familiar face approaches.

Mask on and shroud up.

Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment